Cactus Park Estates
Cactus Park Estates Cactus Park Estates
Login | Register
Homeowner FAQ
About Us
Contact Us
Disclosure Requests
Homeowner FAQ
Calendar of Events
Community Connections
How to Make a Payment
Governing Documents
Board Meeting Minutes
Photo Album
Business Directory
Resident Directory
Contact the Board President
Board Members
Board Members Only


These are just a few of the most commonly asked questions.   If you have a question not listed, please contact Preferred Communites at 480-649-2017. 


How do I get keys for my mail box?

The HOA is not responsible for the individual mailbox locks & keys.  Please contact your local locksmith to obtain a new lock and key for your mailbox.  You can also do the work yourself by purchasing a lock at any hardware store.  If you do not know your mailbox number, contact your local post office.


I received a violation to remove tree suckers.  What is a tree sucker?

“A basal shoot, root sprout, adventitious shoot, water sprout or sucker is a shoot or cane which grows from a bud at the base of a tree or shrub or from its roots. This shoot then becomes, or takes the form of, a singular plant. A plant that produces suckers is referred to as surculose. Root suckers may emerge some distance from the originating plant such as in Rhus spp, some Prunus species and Embothrium species. Suckers also may arise from the stumps of trees that have been cut down. Suckers arising from an unwanted tree stump can be controlled with herbicides such as glyphosate. This kills the entire plant, including suckers and roots”.


What does an inoperable vehicle look like to the person doing inspections in your community?

A vehicle that has been sitting in the same place & position during multiple inspections.


A vehicle that looks filthy and not taken care of.  (i.e. dirt on windows is building up, or it may have Spider webs forming on various areas of the vehicle.) 


A vehicle with Flat tire(s)


A vehicle that does not have current registration tags


Please remember that inoperable vehicles are not allowed in driveways or on the streets. 


Why did I receive a violation notice for Missing landscaping?

Landscaping is required for all residential front yards and street side yards visible from neighboring properties, streets, and common areas.  Landscaping and irrigation improvements shall be installed in accordance with plans approved in writing by the Architectural Committee. There is a minimum standard of landscaping required in the front yards of each lot.  Please refer to your community’s CC&R’s to confirm the landscaping requirements.


I received a violation for my dying lawn. How do I correct this problem?

The inspector may cite you for lack of “lawn maintenance”.  Often times this verbiage pertains to a dying lawn.  To correct the issue we suggest the following:

Overseeding your lawn

Lay down sod

Change the landscaping - ie. grass to gravel

To change your lawn from grass to gravel, please submit an architectural form.


How do I change my mailing address with the HOA?

Changes to your mailing address must be submitted in writing.  You can submit your request by email, fax or US Mail.  You must be the owner of the property to request the change.  Please note that all correspondence will be mailed to only one address.  We do not send out notices via email at this time.


How do I get a hold of a Board Member? 

Due to privacy laws, we are not allowed to release personal information about another homeowner or Board Member.  This includes phones numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, etc.  If you would like to speak to a member of the Board, please put this request in writing and we will forward the message on your behalf. 


How do I attend a Board Meeting?

The Cactus Park Estates HOA Board Meetings are held the 3rd Thursday of every month at 7:00pm in the room next to the El Mirage Elementary School Library.     If you would like to add something to the agenda, you must let us know in advance so that we have ample time get your item added.


How do I give someone else access to my account?

You must submit this request in writing.  This can be submitted via fax or email. 


I received a Notice of Violation, but it's for the wrong house!  What do I do?

You may do the following if you believe you were mistakenly cited: 

Contact Preferred Communities.  Send pictures, documentation, etc. pertaining to the violation to prove it was not related to your property.  Or you may submit an appeal for the Board to review. 


What types of things require Architectural Approval?

In general, an architectural request is required whenever you are making changes that are visible from the street.  This also pertains to the backyard if something is visible over the fence line.  This includes but is not limited to landscaping, painting, decorative items, doors & windows, screens, and play structures.  For specifics, review the CC&R's and Architectural Guidelines available on the Governing Documents page of this website.    Don't forget to submit the request form BEFORE you start the work.    The architectural committee meets the first Tuesday of every month, at 4:30pm.    All owners are welcome to attend.   The architectural form can be found on the Governing Documents page of this website.  


How do I file a complaint about my neighbor

You must submit your complaint to us in writing.  You can submit your complaint by email, fax or US Mail.  Please note that we do not accept anonymous complaints.  Per Arizona Law (A.R.S. 33-1242 and A.R.S. 33-1803) we must provide your name if this information is requested.





© Copyright 2020 Cactus Park Estates | Homeowner Association Website by HOA Sites | Terms of Use | Admin